For an advanced workflow example:
If I as a General Manager am happy for kitchen staff to spend up to AED 100 with F&B suppliers without approval, but orders above AED 100 need approval from their manager or an admin (depending on the amount) then I would do the following:
- Name the flow “F&B Suppliers flow – Kitchen Team”
- Select only the F&B suppliers
- The flow begins with the Kitchen Staff group and the threshold is AED 100
- Step 2 assign Kitchen Manager group with authorization to AED 500
- Step 3 assign the Admin group and apply authorization of maximum threshold.
- The kitchen staff raise an order with Bidfood for AED 75. It goes straight to the supplier as it is below all threshold amounts.
- The kitchen staff raise an order with Birtwistles for AED 250. It is over the threshold amount associated with the kitchen staff so goes to the kitchen manager group for approval and validation. The Kitchen Manager validates and the order is sent to the supplier.
- The kitchen staff raise another order with Bidfood for AED 700.00. It is over the AED 100 threshold assigned to the kitchen staff, so it goes to the Kitchen Manager group for approval. The kitchen manager approves the PO. It then goes to the users in the Admin OV group as the order is over the Kitchen Managers threshold of AED 500.00. The Admin Validates the order and the order is sent to the supplier.
- The kitchen staff raise an order with Boutique UK. It is not impacted by this approval workflow.